Sunday 5 September 2010

It's been a while '

I'm back and I'm going to try and keep this updated as much as possible. My models still seem to be improving(well i think so anyway !), and I'm still having fun doing them. Since moving my modelling room back indoors i seem to have more time.

At the moment i have the Revell boxing of the Hasegawa Phantom FGR.2 on the desk, i have used some aftermarket decals from Almark to mark it up as XV490 from 92 Sqn, the reason i chose this particular aircraft was the fact it had a light grey radome instead of the usual black and it also has both sets of yellow and red checks on it. I'm led to belive that this aircraft was one of the first to start receiving the air defence grey scheme, even the tanks were painted grey. There was something about the green/grey camouflaged phantom's and this one now stands out against my other aircraft on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment