Sunday 19 September 2010

Feels like Christmas

Well at least it did last Thursday. I managed to acquire some 1/72 kits from a friend at work for a very reasonable sum. Nine kits in total.

  1. Airfix Saab tunnan
  2. Heller me108
  3. Heller Vampire
  4. Italeri A7 Corsair + photoetch
  5. Italeri F8 crusader (2 kits in the same box)
  6. Revell 2 seat me262
  7. Academy P47 Razor back
  8. Heller super Etendard

I've already started the Tunnan today, it will be finished in Austrian markings that are supplied in the box. All over silver with day-glo orange wing tips and tail surfaces, so it should stand out when completed. So far I've used half a tube of filler just to get the nose section to fit but it's starting to look good now.

The Lightning restoration is going OK, I've got the main markings on it, just got the stencils to do. The decals i was going to use all broke up when i removed them from the water so i had to use the decals from an F.6 of 5 SQN, I've even added the sharks mouth .

The Phantom has a few more bits to go on, but it's already on the shelf looking rather hansom next to a Lightning F2A and a Norwegian F-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment